Friday 16 October 2009

PERSONAL WRITING PROJECT

TOPIC:
Teacher education
Teacher’s beliefs about bilingualism in the Colombian context: Challenges and realities
AUDIENCE:
Teachers, students and community involved in the second language acquisition in our country
WHY AM I INTERESTED IN THIS TOPIC?
First of all, I’m an English teacher, and I’m also and English student, I’ve been in some conferences and a lot of meetings at work, when this topic has been developed, and all I’ve heard at the end of each one is the discussing of the problems we have here in Colombia in our public schools, the teachers are tired of working under conditions unhelpful to acquire a second language, and the worst thing; our kids are not acquiring a second language the government is suppose to help them to do, instead they are just learning some words out of contest and actually that’s too much for millions of children who are saying the alphabet when they rather be playing , eating or sharing some family moments they don’t usually have.
In the other hand, I’ll talk about the context in which I’ve been through during the last three years, teaching children who have the opportunity to study in a bilingual school, learning from native teachers, learning in a real context, learning with all the necessary tools.
I’d like to talk about my personal experience and show how it could be possible to reach the government goal in this other hand way.

No comments:

Post a Comment